Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd Win a Kitchen Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd may ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner..
- Entrants must be18 years or older not a business entity
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information, however, Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd retains to right to alter these dates as required. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- A maximum of 1 entry per person, there is no limit to the number of people in a household that can apply as long as all criteria are met. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. Any other methods will be invalid
- Neither Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Incisive Media or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
- Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted..
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd will be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition, network or phone system, the decision of Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition.
- The prize is as specified in the competition information.
- The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries, the draw for the winner will take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
- Prize draw prize will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer.
- Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd will attempt to notify the winner within 21 days after the closing date, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, or email address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd sole discretion.
- Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 6 months from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd and entrants grant to Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd (or any third party nominated by Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd Ltd) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and (if applicable) their companion’s) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
- Information, data and the caller line identity (“personal data”) which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition. If entrants call from a withheld caller line identity and do not provide their caller line identity when entering the competition, Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd may use the withheld caller line identity for customer care purposes such as refunds or communications relating to a service e.g. to notify a winner. Entrants’ personal data may also be passed to their mobile phone network or to relevant regulatory bodies including the police or other authorities in the course of the investigation of any complaints or suspected unlawful activity or where requested by the phone provider in connection with the billing arrangements for the competition. Aggregate, non-personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating
reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
- Usedkitchenexchange.com. Any entrant who is entering the competition may opt into receiving any marketing communications from Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd by ticking the relevant box on the entry form.
- Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the
Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
- Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd. Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Please note that calls may be recorded to ensure that competition entries are captured, for staff training and quality control purposes.
- The promoter of the competition is Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd, Rose Lea House, 63 Coroners Lane, Widnes, Cheshire WA8 9JB, UK
- These terms and conditions were last updated on 8 October 2019